The Arts Council Legacy Scholarship Fund Application
VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS SCHOLARSHIPS, $500-$2000
3 Scholarships will be awarded for Visual Arts and 3 Scholarships will be awarded for Performing Arts (vocal, instrumental and dance) (Musical theater students are encouraged to apply in the vocal or dance categories.) Entry Deadline: March 15, 2019Eligibility & Entry Requirements for Visual Arts:
- Legal residence in Greater Conejo Valley.
- Currently registered or plan to register in fine art programs at a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Images of artwork must be submitted with the application and must be original and created by the applicant.
- Application must include a letter of recommendation by a current or past art teacher or director.
- 250 to 500 word “Statement” by the applicant relative to awards, activities, goals for the future. etc. This should include applicants studies such as workshops, classes, private teachers, etc.
- Agreement to liability release for participation
- Legal residence in the Greater Conejo Valley.
- Application must include name, address, phone, and email. Applicants must be currently registered in a music, dance or musical theater program.
- Students must be high school seniors through rising college sophomores.
- Work submitted must be performed by the applicant and must be submitted via a YouTube link (if password-protected, include the password on your application); please limit video to a single performance piece with minimal or no editing
- A letter of recommendation by 1 teacher or director emailed to the Arts Council of Conejo Valley (optional)
- A statement (250-500 words) must be written by the applicant relating to awards, activities, goals for the future, workshops, and any information that would make their application stand out.
- Applicants will be judged on their submitted work, along with all required statements and letters, by professionals in their designated fields. Applicants will be notified in writing or by phone as to their acceptance.
Winners will be featured in a special reception at the Hillcrest Center for the Arts in Thousand Oaks on April 28 and will be presented with their awards at that time. Families, teachers and other supporters are encouraged to attend. Send questions and recommendations to: [email protected] Arts Council of the Conejo Valley 403 W. Hillcrest Blvd. Thousand Oaks, CA 91360 805 381 2747 www.conejoarts.org
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION BY MARCH 15, 2019: