Hang with the Best 2018 is back!
Presented by the Arts Council of the Conejo Valley
See your work in a professional Gallery, judged by award winning artists and win prizes!
Call for entry begins now! Sign up information is below! Download the froms by clicking here. Contest is meant for grades 6-12.
• One entry per student
• Must be professionally framed
• No saw-tooth hangers
• Must remain at gallery for entire show
• Must be picked up by February 7 @ 6pm
• Must be appropriate content for community viewing
Painting – Oil, Acrylic, Digital, Watercolor, Pastels, Ink, Etc.
Photography – Web lab or Digital. (Please specify)
Drawing – Charcoal, Graphite, Prisma, Conte, etc.
3D – Ceramics, Sculpture, etc.
Miscellaneous – Printmaking, Collage, Digital Collage
Conejo Cottontails Luncheon
Conejo Public Art Committee Invites you to come hungry, meet the artistsand to join the Public Art Movement. Learn what you can do to support the arts in your community!
Event starts on Wednesday, December 6th at 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Art Trek, Inc.
703 Rancho Conejo Blvd.
Newbury Park, CA 91320
RSVP at 805.499.1700 or [email protected] Public Art.org (For more information, visit conejopublicart.org)
Arts Council of Conejo Valley “The Voice of the Arts”
Bold and Beautiful
October 6 – December 3, 2017
Artist Reception on November 4, 2017 at 4-6 p.m.
• Richard Amend
• Zara Monet Feeney
• Brent Hanson
• Mary Hendrix
• Mary-Gail King
• Peggy Pownall
• Doug Rucker
• Carl Turnbull
Surface Art Association
- Show opens July 28 to September 25, 2017
- Reception on August 19, 2017
- The Cloth Journey exhibit is made up of 11 artist from Surface Art Association(SAA). The SAA includes artists who work in a variety of media that creatively uses alteration and embellishment of textile/fiber surfaces such as: weaving, painting on fiber, painting on textile surfaces, collage, sculpture, wearable art, and mixed media. Some members are exhibiting fine artists and others are experienced artists who’s just getting started in their creative ventures.
- Artists in the exhibit includes:
- Celeste Covas
- Maureen Cox
- Guila Greer
- Marie-Laurie Ilie
- Leone Keegan
- Smadar Knobler
- Diana Shore
- Linda Stone
- Earllene Weiss
- Barbara Weitekamp
- This art show is presented by the Arts Council of Conejo Valley “The Voice of the Arts” at the Galleria located at the Hillcrest Center for the Arts in Thousand Oaks, California.
- Curated by Connie Tunick from Thousand Oaks, and John Johnson from Camarillo.