We envision an outdoor, family-oriented public art project with 5’6″ fiberglass cottontail rabbits, painted by local artists and purchased by local businesses, organizations and individuals. A kick-off celebration for all ages will spark interest within our community. Maps showing the cottontails’ locations will include sponsors’ and purchasers’ names, recognizing the goodwill of donors and investors.
Why Cottontail Rabbits?
In the 1800s, a Spanish governor granted 48,000 acres of land to two loyal soldiers – one who named is property Rancho El Conejo – thus becoming the basis of the Conejo Valley. Conejo means “rabbit” in Spanish, of which there are likely some tens of thousands living today throughout our valley.
** Summary adapted from ConejoValley.com
Draw attention to your location.Support the Arts for schools, youth and senior programs.Be cutting edge! Join with other community leaders staff member from CowPainters.com and the cottontail rabbit sculpture, built to scale.
A Cottontail sculpture can be purchased or sponsored for $5,000. The purchase price for this piece of public art will be tax deductible.
You will Receive:
• A one-of-a-kind Cottontail Sculpture, an original work of art.
• A plaque naming your organization or business and the name of the artist.
• Mounting equipment, flanges and base, ready to install.
• Delivery of the completed Cottontail sculpture.
• A short presentation for your business or organization about the Conejo Cottontails and Public Art.