Hang with the Best 2014
Our annual student art show, HANG WITH THE BEST, returns to the Gallery at the Hillcrest Center for the Arts in less than a month! Interested students, here is all the info you need to know about Hang with the Best 2014.
CalendarArt Take In: January 7-8, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. Reception/Art Take Down: February 6, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. Art Show Dates: January 10 – February 6, M-F 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
How do I submit?
- Prepare one Art piece per student
- See Art Piece Requirements below for more information.
- Fill out the entry form completely
- Use the form here.
- We recommend making a copy of your signed entry form for safekeeping.
- Be sure to fill out the smaller cut-out at the bottom of the entry form. We will attach that to the back of your piece.
- Bring both the Art piece and the form to the Hillcrest Center on January 7 or 8 from 4-6pm.
- Directions here.
- Pick up your Art piece on February 6 after the reception.
Art Piece Requirements for Hang with the Best
- The piece must be properly framed and wired.
- No saw-tooth hangers.
- Piece must remain for the entire show
- Piece must be appropriate for community viewing
- Piece must fall into one of the following categories:
- Painting – Oil, Acrylic, Digital
- Painting – Other, Watercolor, Pastel, Ink, etc.
- Photography – Wet Lab or Digital (Please specify)
- Drawing – Charcoal, Graphite, Prisma, Conte, etc.
- 3-D – Ceramics, Sculpture, etc.
- Miscellaneous – Printmaking, Collage, Digital collage